What is an Associate Board?
- A group of adult volunteers committed to supporting an organization’s mission
- Members enjoy benefits: get to know other professionals from around the Chicagoland area while giving back and having fun
The KHI Associate Board serves as an organization of adult volunteers committed to supporting Kabod House International (KHI) and its clients/customers by promoting awareness and encouraging involvement through effective community action in the form of volunteer service, social fundraising, and other advancement initiatives.
If you are interested in joining our Associate Board, complete our signup form HERE or for more info email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include A-Board in the subject line.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Board of Kabod House International (KHI) consists of volunteers who serve as ambassadors of KHI and have a heart and passion for advancing our mission of providing life-changing help and hope to the homeless and are committed to helping make a noticeable difference in the lives of the homeless. The Associate Board members are professional leaders who are expanding and sharpening their leadership, professional, and philanthropy skills.
What are the benefits of joining KHI’s Associate Board?
- Develop professional leadership skills and your potential to join a governing board of
directors in the future
- Play an important and active role in engaging others in the vital work that KHI is doing
- Network with passionate philanthropists and professionals in the Chicagoland area
- Gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit sector
Monetary Commitment: “Give or Get”
- We are asking that all Associate Board members “give or get” to sit on the Executive Committee or to sit on any other committee as a Chair or Co-Chair
- “Give or get” means you may choose to donate from your own pocket or solicit your friends, family or company for donations.
Responsibilities of the Associate Board members include scheduled meetings with the Governing Board members on a regular basis, between 4 to 6 times a year. Associate Board members have the opportunity to either attend meetings in person or virtually via conference call. Associate Board members will work on fundraising projects, donor recruitment, or plan fundraising events throughout the year to spread awareness of KHI and our programs. Associate Board members are asked to attend at least 2 KHI events, including the yearly gala, and assist with ticket sales or assist with the implementation of the events. Associate Board members will help to increase awareness of KHI's work and programs to your network through social media, word of mouth, and through personal introductions.