We’re recruiting for a new volunteer opportunity! If you are between the ages of 25-39, love working with a team, and if you are looking for a fun way to engage with a nonprofit that serves the homeless, consider applying for our Associate Board.
KHI’s Associate Board will work with our staff/Board of Directors on fundraising, brand awareness, mission-related activities, and more. The KHI Associate Board will also provide feedback on a range of issues affecting KHI, its staff, and volunteers. The KHI Associate Board will meet up to six times a year and provide members with an amazing array of ways to impact Kabod House International, its clients, and its programs.
For more information, call 773.273.9147 and leave a message regarding your interest or send an email to email@example.com by June 14, 2019.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Associate Board of Kabod House International consists of volunteers who serve as ambassadors of KHI and have a heart and passion for advancing our mission of providing life-changing help and hope to the homeless and are committed to helping make a noticeable difference in the lives of the homeless. The Associate Board members are young professional leaders who are expanding and sharpening their leadership, professional, and philanthropy skills.
- Sharpen and expand your professional, leadership, and philanthropy skills.
- Play a key role in raising the needed funds to move the organization further ahead in accomplishing its mission and vision.
- Learn and increase your knowledge of the inner workings of a nonprofit organization.
- Opportunity to showcase your skills and talent to make a significant impact on fundraising for a cause you care about
- Opportunity to support a cause you are passionate about or learn more about a cause you are new to
- Ability to develop and grow a network of other civic-minded, high-performing peers
Responsibilities of the Associate Board members include scheduled meetings with the Governing Board members on a regular basis, between 4 to 6 times a year. Associate Board members have the opportunity to either attend meetings in person or virtually via conference call. Associate Board members will work on fundraising projects, donor recruitment, or plan fundraising events throughout the year to spread awareness of KHI. Associate Board members are asked to attend KHI's fundraising events and assist with ticket sales or assist with the implementation of the event. Associate Board members will help to increase awareness of KHI's work and programs to your network through social media, word of mouth, and through personal introductions.